No, Oh No…. Fashion Police
Dear Fash readers, I have put together a small list of fashion don’ts to further help you from being arrested from the fashion police.
Now remember that these rules are solely meant as some helpfully advice rather than a set of unfashionable steps. Keep in mind that fashion and style is in the eye of the beholder and has many different rules, trends, and exceptions. So hear me out with open ears to keep from the humiliation of my pink, bedazzled handcuffs.
“The goal I seek is to have people refine their style through my clothing without having them become victims of fashion.” Giorgio Armani.
- My all-time least favorite fashion item! UGG Boots. I understand this has become a HUGE trend among young women these days, even I have fallen victim to these big, unsexy, chunky items they call boots. However, I was living in the cold climate of Alberta and had the sense to protect my feet while trudging in a foot of frozen snow. There is no excuse to walk around inside or in the sun wearing such chunky boots it is hard to distinguish whether we are girls or clowns.
“Style is primarily a matter of instinct.” Bill Blass.
- While I understand the appeal of yoga pants to boys who love to gawk at women with tight clothes on, but what happened to a good pair of tight jeans to accentuate our assets? Yoga pants are made with such good quality, sweat proof material to be used during YOGA. For that matter so are sweat pants, there are always exceptions such as going to the grocery store, staying inside or walking around your neighbourhood.
- Another fashion faux pas that is tacky and sloppy is wearing leggings with a shirt that does not cover the bottom area, I realize it can be joyous to gain attention to show off those types of areas but leggings are most definitely not pants and are meant to act as warmer tights.
“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” Oscar Wilde.
- Jeggings, no other words needed.
- One big don’t while trying to remain up to speed in the fashion world is to not wear more than two patterns at a time, while even two is pushing it there are exceptions as long as the colors and shapes do not contrast. As we are at it, wearing more than four different textures or fabrics is also something to try and avoid.
- Finally the most important fashion DO is to accept yourself and your body. If you can do that then dressing for your body type and personality will be a walk in the park, the main thing is to trust in your instincts and have fun!
“Fashions fade, style is eternal.” Yves Saint Laurent.