Vancouver In All Its Glory
Welcome to Vancouver Fash readers! I am pleased to be able to inform you on what to do if you are considering a visit to what is known as Hollywood North. Now I know it has become to be known as the worst dressed city in North America, everyone remembers the list right? But I believe it is just beginning and am sincerely hoping the whole yoga pants worn as real pants is just a really long, really unattractive phase. There is plenty to do in Vancouver during the summer and I will tell you some of the main spots that I know are worth checking out, but still do some research because there are always little things happening all summer long like events and festivals happening near and around the city.
- The Vancouver Art Gallery, although I have still never been to this important part of downtown Vancouver I have heard nothing but how amazing an experience it is. Perfect for those gray sky days where the beach isn’t an option.
- Speaking of… the beach is a perfect area to hang out this summer, of course. There are so many beach options to choose from… there is wreck beach (the party beach), Kitsilano beaches (the busy beaches, although tons of fun), and English Bay (the beach downtown), and many more.
- Let us not forget the perfect places to shop, and although Robson Street offers the chain stores we all know and love, it can be more expensive and is quite busy during touring season. I personally love a day of shopping at commercial drive or Main Street; here you will find one of a kind Vancouver only boutiques and small restaurants that will replenish your hunger and your cravings.
- A gem I found out about last year is the Capilano Suspension Bridge, if you journey up to North Vancouver you can find the suspension bridge which is very high off the ground and definitely gives a thrill. If you are severely scared of heights I would not recommend it however if you are looking for a great view climb on up!
- If you are looking for a quiet day which is filled with relaxation and self-pampering I will suggest make it a spa day at John Casablanca within Gas Town which is a college, the students give the services but the price is so cheap. John Casablanca, Blanche Macdonald, and other schools in town also offer hair services for less than $20 sometimes just call and make an appointment.
- My last recommendations this summer for fun times in Vancouver are the markets! You can’t come to Vancouver and not see Granville Island or the Lonsdale Quai. Now Granville Island has a huge market and many stores around to check out as well as restaurants, bars, and a comedy club, and don’t forget my favorite… the Kids Market and the arcade there. The Lonsdale Quai is a more toned down version of the Granville Island experience, it is one building and also includes many different places to eat, a variety of choices like Granville Island, and also sometimes includes dances and performances on the deck!
I hope these small suggestions have helped you plan an amazing Vancouver vacation. This city is filled with lots of culture and life and has plenty of beauty to share with its shore lines and active population.